Sunday, November 23, 2008

Funny Story



So I followed signs to this garage sale that said "Everything $1 or less" only to find a piles of dirty stuff and this cute bed that screamed "PLEASE REFINISH ME, I HAVE POTENTIAL!"    

Oh cute bed, I will make you pretty again.  No one was next to the pile so I knocked on the door and dogs went wild.  "SHUT UP JASMINE!  STUPID DOG!"  bark, bark "SHUT UP JASMINE! SHUT UP!"  "DON'T DO THAT, STOP. . .Did someone knock or something?"  

Me through the open window, "Yes, I wanted to buy your bed."   She sticks her head out the window, "Did you see my stupid sign. .  .Do you want the rails?"  

After some more yells at the dog and her little girl, she answers the door wearing only a t-shirt.  I am praying she was wearing underwear underneath.  I paid for the bed and she continued to talk to me bottomless for another 5 minutes.  Please lady, just let me leave before you move and see more of your crotch than I already have.  She explained the lovely signs(with
 misspellings and all) story from top to bottom(less)- someone stole shoes from her garage sale when she took her daughter to school.  

I have really met nice people in my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods, this was the first time I thought - YIKES, "that really really sucks" that we have scary spice living "amonst" us.   Poor lady. 


So this is the project I will be working on this week.  I spent $2 and it has some real potential for cuteness.  




1 comment:

Becky Filhart said...

Okay. Hilarious. Something similar happened last week at a garage sale I was at. This lady was going from house to house down the street of a block sale loading up plastic bags with stuff telling people she'd paid for it and that she didn't understand because she didn't speak English. Whaaaa???? Some people. Just paid the blessed $2 and get on your way.